Today’s Date: June 26, 2009
District: 10 - Stockton
Contact: Lisa Balcom
Phone: (209) 941-6562
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FULL HIGHWAY CLOSURE
State Route 99 IN STANISLAUS COUNTY
Stanislaus County - The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will do interchange construction and set falsework beams on State Route 99 (SR-99) in Ceres. Work will occur as follows:
· The #1 lane on northbound and southbound SR-99 from the 9th Street on-ramp to the Pine Street overcrossing will close beginning Monday, June 29, 2009, through Friday, July 3, 2009, from 9:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.;
· Full-Highway Closure on northbound SR-99 from Whitmore Avenue to Hatch Road, beginning July 1, 2009, through July 3, 2009, from 11:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
The full highway closure detour is:
· Northbound off-ramp to Whitmore Avenue
· North on El Camino/Central Avenue
· Left at New Herndon Avenue
· Continue North on Herndon Way (Herndon Way turns into Joyce Avenue)
· Continue on Joyce Avenue to the on-ramp to Northbound SR-99.
The lane closures are necessary to ensure the safety of motorists and workers in the area. Motorists and trucks should consider Interstate 5 as an alternate route. Highway Advisory Radios and Changeable Message Signs will be activated to assist motorists.
Motorists should expect 15 minute delays. Alternate routes should be taken whenever possible.
This work is scheduled to begin as listed, but is subject to change based on weather conditions.
The contractor for this $26 million project is Nehemiah Construction of Benicia, CA.
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Slow For the Cone Zone.